Answered By: Jennifer Bazeley Last Updated: Apr 15, 2020 Views: 119
Answered By: Jennifer Bazeley
Last Updated: Apr 15, 2020 Views: 119
Q: New York Times tips and troubleshooting
Answered by: Jennifer Bazeley
- Access: Initial registration or re-registration requires that you log in to Yale's Cisco AnyConnect client. After you register or re-register, there is no need to log in to Yale's VPN. Simply go to https://www.nytimes.com/ and log in with your email address and password.
- Expiration: Student accounts expire on the graduation date entered by the student during registration. Faculty and staff accounts expire one year from creation. After registration, the NYT will give you the option to download a calendar reminder. We recommend using this feature to create a calendar reminder for yourself for the expiration date and time when you will need to re-register.
- Public vs. Private Computers: If using a personal device to access the NYT, there is no need to sign out of your NYT account. If working from a public computer, we recommend that you do sign out so that others cannot access your account.
- Account features: If you click on the “Account” link at the top right of the page and then on your user name, you can change your email address, update your password, manage your newsletter subscriptions, and view saved articles.
- Existing Yale University users: If you’re having trouble transitioning your existing account to Yale's institutional subscription, make sure that you’ve logged out of NYTimes.com prior to the re-registration process.
- How do I know if I'm logged in or out? To quickly check if you are logged in or out of NYTimes.com, go to NYTimes.com and click on "Account", if it appears on the upper right. If your username or email is listed there, you are logged in.
- Forgot your password? If you have forgotten your password to NYTimes.com, reset it at https://www.NYTimes.com/forgot.
- Coverage: The NYT site license does not include the crossword or NYT Cooking. Access to archived articles within the date range of 1923-1980 is limited.
- Apps: The NYT app is available for Android and iOS devices.
- Questions? For questions related to Yale's subscription, contact email@example.com. For questions related to a personal NYT subscription, contact the NYT directly by chat, text, phone, or email at https://help.nytimes.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015385887-Contact-us.