Answered By: Laura Sider Last Updated: May 08, 2020 Views: 3116
There are a couple of things that may be happening, depending on your status as a current student, faculty member or staff:
1) If you have recently had a change in status, such as graduating from Yale, you may no longer have access to VPN (note: your VPN is active for several months following graduation). To verify, check the ITS page that describes important changes to your Yale accounts following graduation.
- If you are unsure if you are eligible for a Net ID, check here for more information about Net ID management.
2) If you are still affiliated with Yale and are now experiencing problems with VPN (for example, an error message such as "Authentication failed"), there are steps you can take that should fix the problem. Note: This problem seems to be prevalent in some Mac operating systems and mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Androids.
- Mac / iOS mobile devices: Use Cisco AnyConnect for iOS4.x and above. ITS maintains more specific help information.
- Mac / iOS computers: See this FAQ for instructions on how to troubleshoot Cisco VPN Anyconnect.
- Android: Hardware-specific Cisco AnyConnect clients exist for many of the newer Android models. Once the app is downloaded, enter “access.yale.edu” in the Server Address field.
- Other computers: Start your session at access.yale.edu Run the VPN update so that you have the most recent VPN version. This should fix any issues.
If you are still having problems with VPN or your Net ID, please contact ITS:
Phone: (203) 432-9000