Answered By: Laura Galas Last Updated: Mar 23, 2022 Views: 4216
You may experience problems with your VPN access if:
1) You recently had a change in status.
Graduation: If you graduated from Yale University, you will only retain remote access to library resources for a few months following graduation. To verify, check the ITS page that describes important changes to your Yale accounts following graduation.
Retirement: If you recently retired from Yale University, you will only retain netID access for a few months following retirement.
Left Yale: If you leave Yale University, you will lose your netID access the last day of your employment at Yale.
If you are unsure if you are eligible for a Net ID, check here for more information about Net ID management.
2) There is an authentication problem due to your operating system. (for example, an error message such as "Authentication failed"), there are steps you can take that should fix the problem. Note: This problem seems to be prevalent in some Mac operating systems and mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads and Androids.
- Mac / iOS mobile devices: Use Cisco AnyConnect for iOS4.x and above. ITS maintains more specific help information.
- Mac / iOS computers: See this FAQ for instructions on how to troubleshoot Cisco VPN Anyconnect.
- Android: Hardware-specific Cisco AnyConnect clients exist for many of the newer Android models. Once the app is downloaded, enter “access.yale.edu” in the Server Address field.
- Other computers: Start your session at access.yale.edu Run the VPN update so that you have the most recent VPN version. This should fix any issues.
If you are still having problems with VPN or your Net ID, please contact ITS:
Phone: (203) 432-9000