Answered By: Laura Sider Last Updated: Apr 05, 2021 Views: 13
Yes! Download the "Yale Library Self-Checkout" app, free of charge, from your app store.
This app is available to all current Yale students, faculty and staff.
To check out materials:
1) Open the app and click "Start."
2) You may be prompted to select your location if you are Sterling Memorial Library, Bass Library or the Music Library. You will not have to select your location in any other campus library.
3) Sign in with your netID and password.
4) Click on the "plus" sign in the top left corner to check out materials.
5) Use your phone's camera to charge out materials by holding it over the book barcode. You may opt to charge out multiple items at once.
6) You will see a list of items that have been successfully charged to you. Click "Finish" to complete your transaction.
7) Once you click "Finish" you will see this confirmation and a note that your receipt will be emailed to you. Receipts come from "firstname.lastname@example.org"
Please note that materials that are charged out in the Arts Library and the Marx Library do have to be desensitized before you leave the building. Please see desk staff for assistance.
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.