Answered By: Laura Sider
Last Updated: Mar 09, 2017     Views: 239

Q: I am traveling internationally and will need access to Yale's resources while I'm away. What are my options now that MFA is in place?
Answered by: Laura Sider

If you are traveling internationally and need to connect to Yale secure sites, the Virtual Private Network (VPN) or to your webmail, you will need to authenticate.

If your smart phone/cell phone has service/data, you can continue to recieve prompts or SMS passcodes from DUO Security.

If you cannot use your cell phone to receive a prompt or a passcode through SMS, you have the following options.

1) You can request a phone call to a registered international line.

2) You can use the DUO app to generate a passcode.

Tap the key icon to generate a passcode.

Enter the passcode into the passcode field on the DUO security page.

You can also generate a passcode using an MFA token. More information about where to pick up a token, free of charge, is available here.

Related Questions