Answered By: Laura Sider Last Updated: Aug 19, 2020 Views: 2624
Current Yale students, staff and faculty have access to access to SpringerLink e-books.
Sometimes you will be prompted for a log-in if a database (like SpringerLink) does not recognize your affiliation with Yale University. If you are off-campus and being prompted for a log-in, you may need to refresh your authentication. Follow these steps to troubleshoot:
- Make note of the e-book title you need
- Clear your browser cookies and cache
- Go to the library website (library.yale.edu), and search for the e-book title in Quicksearch using quotation marks (so that it searches the full title)
- Navigate to the Online book link to access the title again
- You should be prompted to authenticate via CAS (Net ID and password)
- If this does not work, try connecting to the Yale network via Cisco VPN AnyConnect instead.
- See the video below for more information on how to use off-campus access without VPN.
In some cases, SpringerLink does not allow for full book downloads to your computer, but you should be able to download individual chapters.
- To access chapter-level full-text, select "Download PDF" (see image below).
Still have questions? E-mail email@example.com.