Answered By: Kenya Flash Last Updated: Feb 01, 2019 Views: 1982
Answered By: Kenya Flash
Last Updated: Feb 01, 2019 Views: 1982
Q: Where can I find League of Nations documents and publications?
Answered by: Kenya Flash
For a comprehensive overview of League of Nations resources available at Yale, please consult this League of Nations guide.
- League of Nations Statistical and Disarmament Documents (from Northwestern University; freely available)
Full text of documents focusing on the founding of the League, international statistics published by the League, and the League's work toward international disarmament from 1919 to 1946.
- League of Nations Treaty Series (from the United Nations; freely available)
- League of Nations Treaty Series (from HeinOnline; Yale only)
- League of Nations Official Journal (from HeinOnline; Yale only)
Print and microfilm:
- Search Orbis (Yale catalog) for holdings.
- The Yale Library has a complete set of League of Nations documents and publications on microfilm. It includes documents circulated to the Assembly and Council, documents and minutes of the Permanent Mandates Commission, minutes of the Director's Meeting, and complete holdings of selected serial titles, i.e., Armaments Year Book, the Official Journal of the League of Nations, and the Treaty Series. Use the online guide to search for documents and determine the reel numbers of documents. Then place a request in Orbis for the reels you need.