Answered By: Laura Sider
Last Updated: Mar 09, 2017     Views: 1084

Q: How do I access electronic resources from off-campus?
Answered by: Laura Sider

If you are trying to access our electronic resources while off-campus, you need to download the Virtual Private Network (VPN), a program that registers your computer's IP address with the Yale network and thus recognizes you as a valid Yale user. More information and a link to the software library is available here.

You will also have to authenticate using Multifactor Authentication/Duo Security. More information about using MFA/Duo security when connecting through the VPN is available here.

Tip: If you are using a Mac be sure to disable the built-in VPN and to enable Cisco AnyConnect

If you have any questions or difficulty setting up the VPN or Multifactor Authentication/Duo Security, please contact Yale IT at 203-432-9000.

Related Questions